Pages

February 8, 2013

Inner Rhythm


To purchase visit my website
Progress, finally.  I've turned a corner with some improvements in my health that are allowing me more studio time which feels wonderful.  Life with chronic pain and illness is all about rhythm, finding the way through the more intense times, narrowing your focus and output. There is no such thing as balance in my world, nothing is ever equal or balanced, instead it's all about handling the pendulum swings and reaching for the inner rhythm that keeps me sane and engaged.

Something Shaun McNiff said in "Trust The Process" really sums up my how I feel,

"Trusting the process is based on a belief that something valuable will emerge when we step into the unknown. There are elements of surrender and letting go which have more to do with flexibility and the ability to change direction, than with defeat and annihilation. The ego is willing to relinquish its plans and expectations in order to receive an unanticipated result. Experienced creators are able to step aside and relax in order to advance."

Oddly enough living with the debilitating effects of fibromyalgia prepared me to explore as an artist in a free and uninhibited way.  And the process of creating has helped me to express and find deep satisfaction and joy in my life despite its pain and limitations.  I see "The Designers" hand in all of it and that fills my tanks to overflowing!

To purchase visit my website
Here's to life's inner rhythms and the joy of expression through creativity!  Perfectly imperfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...