Pages

February 13, 2013

Art Festivals Anyone?


Lots of elements went into this piece, from crackle paste to fibrous paper to rusted pieces of metal.  I love the earthiness of it and when my daughter in law saw it she said it looked like it was on fire, thus the name.

I'm working to build a sizeable and diverse collection of my work for up coming art festivals and events.  The Dooryard Art Festival is one that I look forward to again this year.  It's an amazing few days celebrating the arts in all it's forms from visual to musical and we have a lot here in the Marintimes! Beginning Wednesday evening, Aug 8th to Aug 10th.  The Dooryard Marketplace running from 9am-3pm Saturday, Aug 10,  look for me under the bright blue tent, along with a great variety of other very talented artisans!

The other event I look forward to being part of again this summer is The Golden Unicorn Arts Festival in Fosterville, August 18th from 11am-4pm. Jean and I had such a great time last year we can't wait to return!  It's lake country with 'cottagers' coming out to visit, enjoy the great food, entertainment and of course check out the diverse art forms represented that day.

Well, time to get back to creating!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...