Pages

February 21, 2013

Space To Grow


Working on a couple of larger pieces that will, along with some others be displayed at Klub Soda in Fredericton.  The foiled piece will be covered in resin once I decide on my focal elements and their placement in the piece.  Should be fun trying to get a good shot of it once it's resined. That mirror finish has it's challenges, one being, not having an image of me or some other item reflected in the photo!

The other piece, needs work, how much work is yet to be determined!

Off Kilter--Unsettled
I'm feeling unsettled within myself, a pressure building, a knowing there is more inside than I've currently tapped into.  The need to explore a grinding desire that requires giving myself permission to create lots of junk, to waste paint and canvas before I get to the core of what lies within.  I know I'm not alone.

"Painting is a personal affair, an intimate place where you can allow anything to be expressed."Michele Cassou

As a lot of my work shows, I have a thing for circles, not just their form but intuitively, for what they represent:
"The Circle symbolizes wholeness, the experience of unity.  When people are engaged in the search for wholeness they aspire to independence and individuation. What they need most is space, room in which to find themselves, and develop their own identity." The Five Universal Shapes by Angeles Arrien.

I think it's telling that I've created a piece that has a circle divided, off centre from itself and I'm struggling with how it looks, how this piece needs to come together.  It may well wind up being a junker if I give myself permission to just have at it until that, 'grinding desire,' is satisfied.  (Even the circle elements in the first piece have a dividing line)

Who knew art would be such therapy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...