Pages

January 5, 2013

2013 Is Kicking!


2013 is kicking my butt! 

I see so many of you off and running into the new year, being very productive and full of goals and inspiration. So inspiring. 

I've run into a road block with my health, price I pay for having a very full calendar and lots of fun. Life with fibromyalgia has to be managed or you wind up, like me, with pain flare ups beyond the usual, cycles of migraines and that wall of fatigue I've never gotten use to.

I've been in recovering mode so things are moving slowly! 

I do have a couple of larger pieces on the go, but nothing new to show for my efforts just yet. Pictured here is a two piece covered in metallic paint as an under painting.  Something new I want to try, we will see how it goes. There's so much I need and want to be working on, but I've yet to find a way to make it all happen when living with fibro and chronic pain. 

We all face challenges. Things that loom large and threaten our progress. I share some of mine because I know that when life knocks you around it's always good to know we are not alone.

 Pressfield has been at it again, in a new book he speaks further about the things that block our creative efforts, calling it Resistance: 

"Resistance has no conscience. It will pledge anything to get a deal, then double cross you...resistance is always lying and always full of shit."  Do the work by Steven pressfield 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...