Pages

August 3, 2012

Creative Call

Feeling the crunch, last week before our first art fair.  I say our, because not only is it a first for Kellie and I, it's a first for my Grand-daughters.  At their Gramp's suggestion they wanted to put some small canvases and bookmarks in the fair too.  Needless to say, I've been busy helping them 'finish' them out. At 9 and 11 it's hard for them to comprehend just how long and hard you can work to get a piece to that finished state.  The table holds their offerings in various states of doneness, including a basket of bookmarks.

My sister, Kel's been pulling out all the stops too, can't wait to see her many framed and print offerings. Exciting times for the 'Graham' girls!  (I'm a Graham by birth, still am, often wish I could use my maiden name for my art, I feel so connected to my roots, the creative soul that I was as a kid)

"You and I when we're young--experience a calling. To art, to service, to honourable sacrifice. ...this calling is followed immediately by the apparition of RESISTANCE.  Fear.  Self-doubt.  Self-sabotage.
What makes this moment so soul-precarious is that most of us are unconscious of both our aspirations and our Resistance."  Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield

I'm working to complete a large piece, and another smaller mixed media piece.  This is just a snippet of the bigger abstract.  The creativity is flowing but boy my body is pushing back!  It's times like these that I think, darn this painting is worth a bundle for all the hours of pain and hard work to create it! Just saying ;-)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...