Pages

July 28, 2012

Resisting Resistance

This smaller piece was an experiment with aluminum foil.  Distressed, painted over with acrylics, then areas rubbed off to reveal the foiling again on the ridges and various areas, then covered again with translucent acrylics.  Of course I then had to do some crackling along with other detailing.  Overall it's quite a dramatic little piece, though the background blues are a little deeper in tone than what my camera shows.  Do you know I don't think I could get that same look again, it was such a forward, backwards kind of process, doubt if I could duplicate it to get the same colour results.  Art is such an interesting exploration.
I have to admit this was a hard one to complete, encountered all kinds of resistance as I struggled to do the work that would get me past the 'ugly.'  It pushes, but I push back. Again, I love what the process pulls from me. It connects me to the person I saw hints of when I was young, and I mean kid young!

"Resistance cannot be seen, heard, touched, or smelled. But it can be felt. We experience it as an energy field radiating from a work-in-potential.  Resistance is a repelling force. It's negative. Its aim is to shove us away, distract us, prevent us from doing 'the work.'  Resistance will tell you anything to keep you from doing your work."  Do The Work by Steven Pressfield
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...