Pages

July 26, 2012

Don't Over Protect Your Work!

As many of you know getting ready for an Art Fair takes a lot of work, both in creating the art and designing your space, pricing, labelling and more.  Lot's to think about, especially as this is my first, a total newbie.  My sister Kellie is hard at work too, it's been great having her to bounce ideas off and just hold each other's hand as we prepare for our first art fair!

With that in mind, completed our first collaborative effort, Kel's truck photo and my mixed media interpretations.  My husband loves it, so I'm hoping someone at the fair will too! I've yet to get a good face on photo of it, but will try again in different lighting. (Alright snaps some pics outside in overcast sky, not bad)  Also finished the porch swing mixed-media, (first photo) I really like how this one came out.  Other things on the go and in various stages.

Bookmarks in the making, small canvases that the Grand-girlies are going to work on, for their part in the fair, it's turned into a family affair!

"Creation is motivated by truth and mystery. If you overprotect your work, there is no room for genuine inspiration.  Be intrigued. Be curious. Nothing bad can come from an honest response to your intuition.  No matter what you paint, creation is benevolent. Under every little fear, there is a revelation, an insight waiting to happen." Michele Cassou

Got to remember that when I'm passing through the 'uglies' and wondering how things will go at the art fair!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...