Pages

July 19, 2012

Abstract Distraction

It's been a full week of painting, really happy with the pieces I'm working on, which is always a good thing.

The large teal piece is going well and I'm close to being done, here's a detailed shot of one of my fav parts of the painting.  Also love the vintage look to this 20 x 24".

I should have a good representation of what I do for the Dooryard Art Festival Market, that my sister, Kellie and I are participating in.  We are excited and nervous all at the same time as neither one of us have been in an art fair.  It's a collaboration, which began with her offering me moral support by coming to help me with the fair, and then kind of grew into putting some of her photographs on display as well.  I love having sisters!

This last photo is a mixed-media piece using my blogging friend's photo, Frances Robinson. She has been kind enough to permit me to use some of her photos in my work, her images really speak to me.

I also plan on creating a mixed-media piece using some of Kellie's photos, why I never thought of it sooner I'll never know! But if I can manage it time wise there will be some pieces at the fair :-)

"...as strange as it seems, when artists paint, they tend to forget that life cannot be infused into the canvas by manipulating colors and shapes. They forget that the breath of life arises spontaneously only when the work is done from the heart and soul, in humility and surrender." Michele Cassou
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...