Pages

August 16, 2012

Art Fairs Here I Come!


Just a quick update on how my sister, Kellie and I fared at the art fair.
Though we got rained out in the afternoon, I did sell several pieces and Kel too. Considering we had to close up shop before you really get the most of your foot traffic, I'm happy with how it went.  So much so that I'm doing two more this weekend!

Friday, Art on the Boardwalk, put on by The McCain Art Gallery, you guessed it on the Florenceville-Bristol Boardwalk!  It's a 2 hour event so I felt I could take on the all day fair in Fosterville, NB, the Golden Unicorn Art Festival, this Sunday.

Though there were days, well every day, that the firbromyalgia took it's toll, I just pushed through and rested where I could, if I could, knowing that these kinds of opportunities don't come around often. And now that we are set up for exhibiting, it does get easier. I will however be preparing for next year months in advance!

Truth is, I could not do it without the continual help and support of my hubby, Jean.  He has been there with me every step, I don't think I could find anyone who believes in me more.  Kel got some photos of him doing what he does best, enjoying the people.  He's a people person all the way and attends the fairs with me, hanging out even telling people all that he knows about my art.  What a day!  And before I forget, the girls, my grand-daughters each sold a painting and bookmarks, so it was a positive experience all way around.  My greatest regret is that because of the rain and this being my first show, I wasn't able to have them stay for the day with me, perhaps next year!

I'm excited and been busy painting some new mixed media pieces, as the others sold. I also have another of Kel's truck pieces varnished and drying, just no photo as yet.  Then there is the new big abstract, 24 x 30"which I love and will hate to part with, well almost! (top of post) It was pure joy to just start flooding my canvas with paint, the tones are rich and deep just like I like then.

Okay, I've been cramming down my lunch while writing this, now it's time to get back at it! Looking forward to catching up with what everyone else has been doing in blogger land!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...