Pages

June 7, 2012

Working At Finishing

This has been a week of working on finishing up some pieces or at least moving them further along the road to finished.  You may remember this Opal piece, I came back in with more crackling and inks, as I wanted to break up the sea of blue/green.  This time I used a beautiful pearl jade ink over some of the new crackle.  There are so many more things I can think to do, but the question is 'should I?'  That's the hard one often, knowing when to stop.

Abstracts are difficult that way,  you don't have a reference photo that tells you when you've gotten it to where it needs to be, although I expect that realistic painters struggle too.  It's pure gut reaction! Does it feel done, does it work, is it time to stop?  Or is it time to scape it down and begin again!  This is something abstract artist, Jeane Myers talked about in her video from her 'Painting Shed' this week.  The woman makes me smile, we have a similar mindset when it comes to art, our art.  Do visit her blog and check out the new video she has posted on the right hand side bar, it was a fun half hour visiting Jeane in her shed!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...