Pages

June 2, 2012

'Eclipse' In The Studio

'Eclipse' Mixed-Media on Gallery Canvas 20x24"
"I think trying to create a painting as you're learning makes the learning process more interesting." Pat Dews

The lady knows what she's talking about, this was one of those off the grid learning curves and I had a blast just splatting it up!  (NOTE: Photo colour is showing darker than actually is)

"Truly some of my very best paintings have come from total failures. If it's already ruined, go for it! Try anything, experiment and make your own discoveries. Having a mess to work on give you courage." Pat Dews, Creative Discoveries in Watermedia


Right on Ms. Dews! This has certainly been my experience, love her attitude.  I have a few artist/authors who's books I am constantly dipping into for inspiration. Pat's books are among them along with Mary Todd Beam's.  There are others but these are the ones that I have laying around the studio ready to dip into for a little creative juice and re-read over and over again.

Hope all your messing find you feeling courageous! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...