Pages

June 14, 2012

Mountain Theme

Been working on something a little different this week.  It began when my sister Kellie asked me to create a small piece for her to hang in her work space, using the idea of sunsets and mountains.  Kel and I have a thing for mountains and sunsets so it was something that intrigued me but I had never done anything as small as she would need to fit the space.

Longer story short, I often like to play on large sheets of watercolour paper, they give me a great opportunity to play with colour and just splash paint around.  Sometimes I've used pieces in mixed-media canvases or created bookmarks that kind of thing.  Anyhow, I decided to try my hand at adhering select pieces to small canvases, wrapping it down over the sides of the canvas as well.  Then I had fun flowing inks down over tissue paper on waxed paper, once dried they created my mountain effects as I glued them onto my canvas pieces.  Even the waxed paper got used on the the tall slim piece, the inks had dyed it creating some wonderful effects.

I've ended up with 3-4 smaller pieces all with an abstracted mountain theme.  There's still some detailing to go, along with some things I want to try out, but thought I'd share what I have done for now.  They along with others will probably be included in the Dooryard Art Festival in August that I'm taking part in.  This will be my first time participating in an Art Fair.  I've not attempted them before because of my health issues, but felt I wanted to at least try as this is a great festival and I'd love to be a part of in some way.

"If anything can be dangerous in painting, it is what you don't paint." Michele Cassou
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...