Pages

June 20, 2012

Brush Work & Celebrations

I've been practicing my brush strokes this week. Trying to get more wrist action and then using just the sweep of the arm.  Created some interesting drips, textures and varying brush strokes.  Only problem is, it's on the trim around our doors!

What can I say, a 'house' painter I'm not, in fact I'm not a detail, neat as a pin kind of painter of any sort.  Perhaps that's why abstract has so much appeal for me, aside from some finish details, I'm free to let loose and just paint, I just don't have the aptitude for anything else. That's why I admire those who can work in amazingly accurate detail, I applaud you!

It's good to know just what kind of painter you are, simplifies things and gives you direction.  Besides there are dozens of ways to vary things no matter what your style or preference.

Celebrated my Mum's 88th birthday last weekend with family, but her birthday is actually today. (yes I call her Mum, what can I say, I'm a Canadian and our connection to England is still strong :-)  She's an amazing lady, still going strong, caring for herself, still driving though she limits where and when, and still cooks for all of us. Nothing like our Mum's home cooking/baking.  She's a woman to be celebrated and the glue in the fabric of our family.  Love You Mum!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...