Pages

May 23, 2012

The Start of a Series

I've got a new piece on the easel, one that I hope will be the first in a series called Essence of Opal.  Thanks to my Aussie friends I've been inspired by the raw opal being mined in their beautiful country.  In fact, Kel used the title of the series to describe a previous work I did, which got me to thinking... I've never done a series before and I'm hoping that I won't fall flat on my face with this proposed one :-)  I've a lot I want to experiment with on this piece, kind of feeling my way along, but it's a good start for now.

"Doing something more than once is often thought of as being uninventive and uninspired.  Repeats signal substance rather than dullness."  Michele Cassou
Oh I do love when those fun packages show up at the post office!  I'm drooling over all the possibilities these new papers will bring to my art. I can't create fast enough to fulfill the need to try them all out!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...