Pages

March 18, 2012

Resistance

While waiting for my Doctor's appointment this week I started re-reading The War of Art, it's an interesting read.  The author feels that if people would just embrace and do the work that is within them, it would empty the hospitals, put doctors, psychiatrists and addiction clinics out of business. Which was ironic considering where I was sitting at the time!

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stand Resistance." The War of Art


From there he unpacks all manner of ways Resistance shows up in our lives. From procrastination, acting out, diversions, things that break down our health and keep us from 'the work.' Like I said, interesting read, it sure gave me lots to mull over...Who knows maybe I will begin to walk out of the health issues I have as I continue to pursue and do my own inner work.  One can hope.

In the works and on the table this week is the beginnings of a commissioned triptych that will serve as a headboard. Lots left to do.  It's a nice size, 30 x 60" and I am enjoying the process, looking forward to seeing where it takes me and praying they will like it in the end :-)

"Resistance by definition is self-sabotage. 
 Resistance is fear. 
What does Resistance feel like?...unhappiness. We feel like hell. A low-grade misery pervades everything. We're bored, we're restless. There's guilt but we can't put our finger on the source. We want to go back to bed..."  The War of Art by Steven Pressfield

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...