Pages

March 11, 2012

Don't Erase!

"Don't erase.  'Mistakes' are your lessons." Creative License by Danny Gregory

I had to chuckle when I read this, I guess gesso is the equivalent of an eraser when it comes to acrylics and I do appreciate my gesso!  He follows with a few questions to ask yourself,

"Am I doing something really crappy? What makes it so? Is there nothing good about it? Not one interesting angle or unusual glitch?  Great job then! ...Now draw something great. Same way."

Well shoot who would have thought it'd be that easy!  I do get what he's saying though, as with this piece it took some analyzing before I got it to where I wasn't willing to bring on the white storm of gesso as I did with a previous piece "Resolute."  Frankly I'm surprised to have it to this point, with detailing and varnishing to go.  It was March break here last week, so we had our Grand-daughters for a few days, which was great, followed by me getting quite sick, not so good.  So I'm just glad to be in the studio and able to move this piece along.

Now to try and catch up to all your creative endeavours, I'm way behind in my blog reading :-) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...