Pages

January 23, 2012

It's a Start!

Although progress has been slow this month, due to my health, I did manage to get started on a few canvases.  But before I share those, I want to thank all the wonderful artist bloggers who stopped by and left words of encouragement and some helpful insights into this whole concept of being 'stuck' or blocked artistically.  I appreciate the greater wisdom of the whole, it keeps me grounded when the pain levels get to be more than I can handle.

Got a new commission for a triptych, 24 x 44" I'm finding I really enjoy creating pieces with my clients impute in mind. Knowing what they love about various pieces I've done, having some idea of preferred colour palette, all helps to make it an enjoyable experience.  I've altered some of the glue lines on the left since taking this and am letting it set so I can move on to the next stage of texturing.

In the meantime, I jumped in at the deep end and started painting a canvas I'd had textured and prepped for a few weeks.  It's a colour combo I've never used together before and it's proving to be a very dramatic piece.  Matisse Transparent Umber, Q Nickel Azo Gold,  touches of Van Dyke Brown  and for punch, Australian Red Violet! Matisse has created a line of paints that reflect the unique shades and vibrancy that is Australia.  From here I'll begin layering in details and highlighting focal points.

Speaking of Australian, Kel of The X Facta  posted a great entry on making time for the things we love.  She's a diversely gifted artist, writer and woman, so do check out her blog!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...