Pages

November 2, 2011

Repeats-NOT!

As usual my pictures aren't very good, but I wanted to at least give you an idea of how this painting turned out.  Once again, I've learned some lesson about myself and my art from working on this piece.  It was an attempt to create a design similar to a piece I did a few years ago that others have liked a lot, including my husband who won't part with it :-)

So, what did I learn?  That I don't do repeats well, in fact I won't attempt to duplicate a design again.  I guess when I've gotten it out and down on canvas once, it just doesn't work for me to try and revisit it again.  Colour palettes, similar tools, techniques are fine for me to work in over and over, but the layout and design of a piece, well this is my second attempt at revisiting a basic design and both times it left me hanging and uninspired by the end results.  I guess there is a lot more of me and a spark of inspiration that goes into my art than I realized!

So onwards and upwards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...