Pages

November 22, 2011

Polyptychs & Works In Progress

I've really got to master the art of creating my own frames and stretched canvas.  I live in an area where art supplies are hard to come by.  My choices come down to Michael's Craft store or ordering on-line.  I wanted to get some longer, narrow panels to do a triptych with but Michael's does not carry the size I need in the the sturdy framed Gallery wrap.  But I'll take what I have and do something interesting, I hope!  Maybe I'll finally try doing a polyptych.  I've been wanting to do this since buying Suzy Andron's DVD, she does amazing work, and is the person who introduced me to the wonders of Gorilla Glue.  Love her for that alone :-)

This one is almost done.  It's an interesting design, I created it to hang horizontal, but as you can see vertical will work too.  On the table is the layout I decided to go with, I'm hoping it turns out. On the floor is another commissioned triptych waiting to be painted.

I really need to figure out a name for this piece, it's to go on display at Fusion soon!



I want to wish all my American friends a wonderful Thanksgiving, hope your celebrations are full of laughter and good times!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...