Pages

November 21, 2011

Exhibition & Meet the Artist

It's been a time of first for me in the past week.  My first exhibition  and my first 'Meet the Artist' at Fusion Cafe & Bistro.  The pieces I had on display have all sold!  Can you say, happily surprised!  I got to meet some of the people who are purchasing my work and it's a humbling experience but a brilliantly happy one at the same time.  I enjoyed hearing their responses to the piece(s) they had chosen, art really has a voice all it's own. It speaks first to me as I work with it's elements to bring it to life on the canvas, then it speaks to the individual who's eye it captures.  Maybe that's why I don't find it hard to part with the pieces once I've finished the process.  For me, the power has always been in the process, the act of creating, feeling my way along as it teaches me things about myself, about persistence, about what it means to complete.     So I'm in my studio this week, creating some new pieces to add to the display.

Oh and I got to meet Doug Dickinson the journalist for the Bugle, wonderful to put a face to the name and thank him in person for making me sound good in print! I appreciate everyone who came out and stopped to chat, thank you.

I have to tell you, having all these firsts take place at Fusion has been the greatest gift for me. Tracie has been wonderfully encouraging and helpful, she has created an amazing gathering place.  

My sisters, daughter and I had the best time during the 'Meet the Artist' enjoying the delectable Brunch Buffet, well they did, I was too nervous to eat much but did enjoy another one of Fusion's incredible cheese cakes. Yum!  Even had my son drop in with his wife Lori, who has become quite the PR person for my art and of course my two Grand-daughters.  Loved it, when the youngest, Lyvia asked me, "Nanny are you an artist?"  I looked at her and grinned and said, 'you know what, I think I might be!' We both had a good chuckle.

Looks like the fist layers of texture are dried so I'm out of here!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...