Pages

October 22, 2011

Small Gestures-Bold Actions




Remember this guy? He's 20 x 24" and showing himself after some textural elements were added and the first wash of colour.

I've got to say I love this duo of paint colours, can you believe all this colour comes from just purple and Matisse Transparent Umber!  And it does have to be the Matisse because any other version by other labels just does not cut it. Frankly I can't be without this one since discovering it.

Anyway, the first layer of colour was done in one continuous painting session  and is now drying.  Lots more will get layered in, but wanted to share the beginnings with you as process is so much fun. There's something wildly freeing about just working that paint, letting instincts take you.

Hope you're having a good weekend, I intend to.  Between a great start on a new piece, a visit with my grand-daughters and one of my younger sisters, (Kellie) home for a visit, it's all good :-)

"Creation is an aggregate of many small things as well as bold actions...I envision creative transformation in a microscopic way with simple gestures making vital contributions to the whole." Shaun McNiff
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...