Pages

October 19, 2011

Edges and Touch Ups

"The way of creation is a practice that lives each instant as fully as possible, lets go, and moves on to the next engagement." Shaun McNiff

Time to let this one set for awhile before sending it off to it's new home and second life as a headboard.  I do have random touch ups and finessing the side edges to do, but it is looking pretty good from here :-)  I think the design holds up well in this triptych, each canvas is interesting and works as stand alone pieces, but I must say when they come together it's high impact.  Will have to make sure I get some photo's of it once it morphs into a headboard. It has also been the most limited palette I've worked with, black/white, purple for accent and touches of silver. The colour in the above photo is a little off, but my daughter will take some pictures soon I hope.

A few questions have come in about how I begin, do I plan it out, is it purely intuitive?  Ah...both.  When I work with the Gorilla glue I like to do simple line drawing of the basic design, once I get something that looks appealing as a thumbnail, I then take some charcoal and ruff in the basics on the canvas.  From there it's all an intuitive thing.  Frankly it's all a big surprise to me!  It's funny I was listening to Sue Kreitzman at the Voodoo Cafe and she talked about how suddenly this artistic, painting, creating side of herself came out at mid-life.  Well, same here. I'm 55 now and I've been creating my abstracts for about 3 years now.  Interesting what happens to us at this time of our lives.  We may be saying goodbye to a lot of things that defined us for many years, only to discover some new aspect of creative expression just waiting to take over!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...