Pages

October 26, 2011

Blog Changes & New Piece

"The creative spirit demands persistence." Shaun McNiff

20 x 24" mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas
NOTE: Since trying the new dynamic views I've gone back to the old format until more of the kinks are knocked out of the new format.  A lot of viewers who wanted to leave comments ran into all manner of troubles with it.


Recently I've been playing with switching my blog to the new 'dynamic views' with blogger.  I've been dragging my heals until they added the option to customize the look and so I've jumped on board. I realize I need to create some pages to fill in the gaps left by not having all that information that our sidebars host in the old format. A couple of artists who's blogs I follow have made the switch and I really enjoy the very visual set up, and viewing options, but they did their homework and have lots of 'pages' made that take care of the missing sidebars.  I'm very sidebar dependant!

Well the headboard has left the studio and I am hoping to have pictures of it in it's new life as a headboard soon.  This week I have the new piece on the verge of being finished, it has taken on a much different look than when I first began, but I love it.  Has a nice aged look to it and as with the headboard I love the design.

In the wings I've been picking away at a piece I began some weeks ago, struggling with it some and need some fresh perspective on it before I can complete it.

Art is such a release, "You know Nanny, art really helps me with a lot of things.  I like to just throw paint when I'm upset, it helps me to calm down."  This was part of a conversation with my 10 year old grand-daughter, Grace over the weekend.  She would like a large canvas to work on for Christmas and then began to talk about how art has helped her in so many ways.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to hear her talk, knowing she has found a fantastic, positive outlet for all the stuff that life can throw at us.  It's the same for me.  With all the limitations my physical world throws at me daily, I come to my art and all of my being gets poured into it, there I move beyond a body that pounds me with pain and I am free to explore!

So here's to art explorations!

"The brushes beckon to you...You know that an original gesture is about to take place, a journey begun that will lead you to unknown lands.  Creation is a response. Do you need a special inspiration to respond?  Isn't it possible to respond to anything? When you approach your white paper you might bring moods, states of feeling, problems, and physical discomforts...There is energy and creative potential in all states. As long as life is there, the potential if full..." Life, Paint & Passion by Michell Cassou


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...