Pages

August 27, 2011

On The Table

Finished my art journal, tried a new way of stitching it, some call it the Coptic stitch, some the Chain stitch, either way it was a learning curve.  Need to be a little more careful about how tight I make my loops, it got a little tricky as I added new stacks of signatures.  Ah well, it holds together and that's the important thing for me.

I'm excited about the design of this new canvas I started.  It's 16 x 40" Gallery Wrapped, deep sided canvas.  I've had to switch to the deeper sided, sturdier gallery wrapped because of all the textured mediums I use.  Anything flimsier warps and my husband has had to become quite inventive in added an inside frame to some pieces, with a twist, that I won't even begin to try to explain.  In the end it made the finished piece look like it floats on the wall somewhat and adds to the drama of the piece.  So maybe I should stick to the thinner framed canvases and keep my husband busy making cool frames :-)

In this picture I've just applied the gorilla glue and am waiting for it to set up.  Need to think on my colour choices for awhile,  as I want to use some of the decorative papers I recently got from Daniel Smith on-line.

Well we are bracing ourselves for a visit from Irene, having done what we can to prepare.  Praying for everyone's safety who's in Irene's path. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...