Pages

August 26, 2011

In The Studio

On the table this week a few minor projects.

My youngest Grand-daughter Lyvia is enamoured of my Art Journals.  Although she very much wanted one of my completed ones, she settled for helping to make one of her own to fill with her own creations. Which makes me very happy because I don't want her to ever think that the only art worth putting in a book form is mine.  At eight, she has a tendency to think her imagination and creative efforts are not 'as good as' someone else and tends to try and duplicate.  That is heartbreaking to me, for I see in her this wonderfully colourful, unabandoned exuberance when she has a brush in her hand.

I assured her she would be able to have some of my art journals as a keepsake when Nanny is gone from this world (her request) but that right now, what is most important is her own free expressions of herself.  How easy and continual is the battle to appreciate our own creative self.

I am also working on putting together a new art journal for myself as you can see here.  Some great watercolour paper with some of my abstract rejects on watercolour paper for the covers.

What can you say about the man who while out on an adventure with daughter and grand-daugher thought to buy you some Poopoopaper!  Yup, poopaper made from elephant's generous leavings, which the insert assures me is mostly grasses and barely digested, cleaned up, processed and oder  free :-)
Now this poor little journal will be torn apart so I can use it's wonderful textured paper as collage elements in future works.


StudioJRU
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...