Pages

August 22, 2011

Knife Practice

Been practicing with the knife, painting in my journal.  Most my journal pages have their beginnings by being smeared with left over paint from various canvas work I do.  I hate to waste paint or product.  So the pages reflect a wild array of imprints, colours, mediums and effects.  I don't worry about pretty, I think of it as warm up exercises and a safe place to let loose, where outcomes just don't figure into the plan. I'm working on becoming familiar with the various palette knives, their effects, loading the paint and seeing how paint blends and delivers.

It's how I educate myself, by just getting in there, trying things out, where once again the process is the important part not the outcome. Mostly, I have to make a mess before I figure out how not to :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...