Pages

June 24, 2011

A Touch of Gold

Let's see how many times have I taken 'Joyous Struggle' down from the wall to make a few more changes to?  I've lost count, but I'm thinking this will be the last.  I've learned so much in the ongoing challenge of completing this piece to where it appeals to me both up close and from a distance.  Although I've loved the textures and depths I managed to achieve on this piece, from a distance some of those areas just faded away and became dull slabs of colour.  I couldn't let it rest until I came up with the solution of adding a touch of gold in those areas and it has people who visit our home reacting positively to it for the first time so that's a good thing.  Before often it simply went unnoticed or out of kindness uncommented on, now people rush right over and what to talk to me about the piece.  I'm hoping to find a good home for it soon :-)

Still have a couple of canvases on the go, but have not done much with them of late.  As fun as summer is, the constant fluctuation in the weather and the barometer have triggered a lot of migraines of late.  I'm afraid my head has become a weather gage!

Hope you are enjoying your summer, recharging the batteries and finding creative outlets.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...