Pages

July 2, 2011

"Free Play"

Art Journal Page
"Creativity exists in the searching even more than in the finding or being found."  Free Play by Stephen Nachmanovitch


As you can see I've been reading an interesting book, called Free Play.  Several things the author said captured me and so I created a page or two in my Art Journal around them.

"The whole essence of bringing art into life is learning to listen to that guiding voice...finding the heart's voice--"
"Play is without 'why.' It is self-existent: the focus is on process, not product."
"Art is a gift, coming from a place of joy, self-discovery, inner knowing."


Good stuff and I'm only part way into the book :-)

I'm also working on a collaged canvas, it's passing through its ugly stages right now. I will be apply various layers of glazed colour to enrich and give it the kind of depth I want. Plus I'm working on fully integrating the photo into the piece.  The picture of the old tree was taken by my talented sister Doreen, or Ree as I call her.  The tree is one that graces my Aunt & Uncles property.  We grew up clambering through it's gigantic limbs, you can see one of my Uncle's barns in the background. Memories worth remembering...

Hope you are all having a great holiday weekend to my Canadian and US friends.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...