Pages

May 2, 2011

Inspiration From The Young

I'm glad to say I've gotten started on layering in the foundational colour on the large piece I'm currently calling 'Joy.'  Someday I hope not to have to apologize for the poor picture quality, but for now this is the best my camera has to offer, macro shots only.

This foundations photo was taken with my son's camera. Although the painting has come a very long way, this will give you some idea of it's design.

The girls pieces are finished, although I don't have a photo of Lyvia's finished piece.  She breezed through here on Saturday, slapped on some metallic paint to finish it out and wanted to take it home with her, like the little whirl wind she is, come and gone in a moment.




Meanwhile Grace was off slaying her 'Dragons' and competing for Team New Brunswick, in the Atlantic Gynmanstic Competition.  She has been struggling with a back walk-over on her Beam routine, going through one of those times when the skills you had seem to go missing for a time.  But when the time came she pulled it off!  She inspires me.


Grace before judges waiting to do her Beam Routine
When I look at how hard she works, and then swallowing down her fears and competing before numerous judges on various events...Well, here I am at 54 still fighting new battles with the old dragon of fear and I have two granddaughters who overcome their fear and go and compete in gymnastics at 8 and 10 years of age.  I'd be humiliated if I weren't so proud of them :-)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...