Pages

April 13, 2011

"Closet Art" Anyone?

Would be Joshua Tree?
Not sure how I get myself backed into these messes lately, but I've got another piece on the go that is giving me grief!  I have to admit it is a case of a design element gone bad.  I used my Gorilla glue to map out a design but there was too much moisture surrounding the glue and it swelled up and expanded totally obliterating the more delicate design I was going for.  Now, I'm fighting the design and trying to find a way to, well make it work. I've included a picture just to show you the crazy design I've got going on, right now I'm playing with ideas for texturing and deciding on colours.  It will all change radically if I stick with it.

Makes me wonder what is going on under the surface of my life that I keep coming up with these design challenged pieces and me without the knowhow of what to do with them.  If it wasn't for the fact that it's on a more expensive gallery wrapped canvas, I think I'd just call it 'closest art' and begin anew!  I laughed when my artistic, sister-in-law, Patricia talked about having canvases tucked away in the closet because they were duds she gave up on, 'closet art.'

So anyone out there practicing 'Closet Art' too?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...