Pages

February 17, 2011

Whisper

Well I do believe it's done and my daughter, Olivia, will come this weekend to get some shots of the finished piece before it goes to it's new home.

"Whisper"  24x48" acrylics on canvas
I've been considering names for this piece and I must say it is not something that comes to me with ease.  I had thought about a name, but as I began a new piece I knew the name I had thought of really belonged to this new piece.  That kind of threw me and I wondered, so what is your name?  What floated into mind was, "Whisper" "a slight trace, a hint, a mere breath of sound."  As the artist, it speaks of my developing voice, it's all so exploratory right now and I feel this piece has taken me to yet another developmental place in my journey.  


"Rhapsody" 
On the easel now is a small 24 x 24" gallery wrapped canvas called, "Rhapsody." "a free instrumental composition in one extended movement, typically one that is emotional or exuberant in character."  I guess that's how I feel about this new place I've come to with my painting.  The flow, movement and layered depth of colour all of it just streaming across my canvas.  


I'll post some of the pictures my daughter takes this weekend so you can actually see what the colour and full canvas looks like, again my camera does a poor job of capturing colour and detail accurately, but it will do :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...