Pages

February 9, 2011

On The Easel

Thought I would give a little update on how the new canvas is progressing.  Carefully. Slowly.

It's down to the subtitles now, the little adjustments in blending and brush strokes and maybe some bigger ones!  Standing back and seeing the areas that need more help. In general just living with what you've done for a time until you know you've taken it as far as you know how to take it.

I've really enjoyed this piece, right from the beginning when I was shaping and designing with glue in hand. I guess I feel it has that deep, old world/old masters tone to it and that alone makes me happy.

These are the best shots my poor camera can provide, soon I'll have Olivia take some with her eye and camera, but at least these give you an idea.

Like many artist out there, I'm asking myself what's next?  What's doable now?  What is of the 'wild' dreams department...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...