Pages

January 25, 2011

Able='having the power to do'

Good thing I didn't promise myself I'd create a page a day, this spread has been a three day process, mostly because of issues with being 'able.'  That's a big word for me and has a huge impact on what happens in my daily life.  Traci had put out as a prompt, 'today I feel...'  When I began the page I was having a very good day, the fibromyalgia was under control and life was good.  Before I knew it the word, 'able' took over the page.

We all have issues with 'being able.' A fuller definition of this little word is, "Having the power, skill, means, or opportunity to do something."  A lot of the time my issues with able have to do with my health, but I can also struggle with my perceptions of being able, my limitations and the like.

Jim Robbins, author & creative artist wrote,

"an artist is someone who refuses the tired and mundane scripts being offered, in exchange for the chance to actually change people's lives.  Really change people's lives.

The artist intends to reveal something through his art.  There is a declaration behind it. (Otherwise, the art becomes merely self-indulgent).  The art is the access point to a deeper, somewhat veiled reality.  It provokes us, stirs us, and tells us rumors of another world."  Jim Robbins

And we wonder why we struggle with feeling ABLE some days!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...