Pages

December 12, 2010

Feeling The Moments

It's that time of year, everything narrows in focus and our normal routines get set aside for all that the holidays bring.  I'm doing what I can to make it memorable and fun, especially for me.  I know, I know that sounds off somehow, but life is coming to terms with what is, not what it use to be.  Changes come and with them we have to be open to a different way of seeing and doing things.  I've simplified where I can so that I'm free to enjoy the moments.

Speaking of moments, my son Wes took his girls out for their first ski run of the season.  We don't have near the snow that we will have, but they had a grand time just the same.  This is Grace's first year snowboarding, she has been skiing for the last couple of years and now joins her Dad as a snowboarder.  They say once you've used a board you won't go back :-)

Grace getting the hang of ski skating, it's how she gets around, kind of like skateboarding.

Taking a break and watching the snowboarder action.


Watching the snowboarders do their tricks.  Love the look on Lyvia's face and Grace is hamming it up for the camera as usual :-)
Lyvia is getting her second taste of skiing this year and is loving it.  Love to see those smiling faces having so much winter time fun!

Snack time, and a chance to warm up!

Even my art has taken a back burner. Not sure if this is due to the holidays or me just hitting an inspiration wall.  I did start working on a design for a large canvas tonight, I'm liking it so far and have plans for some fun mixed media elements and lots more texturing. Love the designs I can create with the Gorilla Glue, so appreciate the creative genius of Suzy Andron for coming up with such a concept. Her DVD on Polytychs opened my imagination to a whole new world. We will see just how long this one simmers or if it comes to a full boil quickly :-)

Hope you all are enjoying the moments this Christmas!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...