Pages

December 8, 2010

Brenda Goes To School

Well the deed is done, I had a blast and never got one picture!  My Grand-daughter Grace's class invited me to come and help them make their own bookmarks from their original abstract designs.  Tuesday was the day, we hit the floor running at 10:30am and we were flat out until shortly after 12 noon.  What a great bunch of artist!  It was fun to see them create their abstracts the techniques were new to them and as always I'm fascinated by how people work with their materials, their unique approach to art and self expression.  I would have loved to just hover over each of the groups and watch them, as it was, there were a lot of steps, and things to get done in between drying times.  Who would think so much goes into creating bookmarks!

I had two goals, enjoy the process and complete at least one of their bookmarks so they could then work on the others on their own.  Mission accomplished!  At least I hope the kids had fun, I know I did although I did have to stay focused, which was a little disconcerting for my Grand-daughter.  She's use to Nanny being so involved and out for the fun, flexible, it threw her off a little that I had to cut some things short in order to show them all the next steps.  But Grace was invaluable to me.  I could not have done it without her constant help with her classmates, walking them through the steps, helping pass out items as well as getting 27 abstract paintings dried!  My hubby, Jean, was great as ever with the kids and Grace's teacher, Krista is a gem, wish I had had a teacher like her when I was young.  You know it is a rare gift, the ability to truly teach, to share the love of learning in ways that capture and captivate young or older minds.  Krista is one of those people.

So if you're checking this out Classroom Connection 4W's, thank you for allowing me to come and share with you a morning of creativity and great fun, your the best!  To think I had our video camera in my purse the whole time and completely forgot about it, not sure who had a paint free hand to hold the camera with anyway :-)

Bren
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...