Pages

November 10, 2010

The Journey Back



Since I began painting not quite 2 years ago I’ve made the journey back  to my truest self.  A return to innocence, where trust prevails and faith deepens.  On the canvas, everything comes out, there is no holding back for if I do I’ll not find rest from the work. It will hound me in my dreams, leave me preoccupied and full of disquiet.  If you had told me art would have such a pervasive impact on my spirit  two years ago I would not have believed it possible. How wrong I would have been.  

It’s as simple as it is profound.  I find my Creator and I find myself in the act of creating.  Colours, textures and brush strokes all come together to reveal something of my interior world, responses to my outer world and His grace flowing along each vein of colour sprawling across the canvas.  I am enriched and deepened in ways I have no words for, I just know it to be true. 

My art would not exist outside of the intricate connection between my Creator and his imprint on my being, I cannot separate the two.  We are one, He and I and I just follow the flow of His life played out within me.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...