Pages

November 15, 2010

Creative Juice

Well my current canvas is hung up for the time being, I'm wanting to add some detailing to certain aspects of the piece but don't have the materials on hand to complete the job.  So it's quietly waiting for me to get what I need and finish the job :-)

So I've just been playing in my Visual Journal, creating a few backgrounds, adding some elements watching as things slowly begin to bubble up and form on the pages.  Again not great pictures but it's better than having none :-)

I'm down to the last chapter and a half of Point Zero.  The author continues to challenge me and give the most amazing insights, wonderful snippets that strike a nerve.

"Why did you keep painting if you felt bored?  Boredom has its own wisdom.  Listen to it.  Resistance is a bell ringing for change.  Remember that you are always interested in something, but it may not be what you expect and is often unknown.  Search for it. Questions will help you find what really interests you. No need to push and force what resists."


I don't know about you but this really struck me as significant.  How many of us have set out to paint something, set some goal to complete and then after a time or maybe even right away felt totally bored with it?  Abandon it!  What a thought. Find what really stirs your creative juice?  There's a notion!

"If a place does not evoke any response, it means it is not ripe yet or that it does not need anything.  Go where your energy call, not your thoughts."
"It's your privilege as a painter to go with your intuition no matter how inconsistent it seems."


Do you know what I'm realizing?  All too often we drag the 'rules' of our everyday life with it's clear agendas and expectations into our art.  It doesn't belong there and will wind up hanging you up creatively.

"Don't label every experience a creative block.  Creation moves through all kinds of terrain.  If you are neither bored nor tired, keep painting."


Well my gosh could it be any simpler or more clear?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...