Pages

October 28, 2010

Art Journal Play

Been playing in my journal this week, creating some backgrounds and finishing a page or two.  One page I journaled about were the Dragon's that the book Point Zero spoke of and I blogged about here.  This is just a portion of the page, the whole thing has so much sheen it created too much glare to photograph well. I did a full body gel transfer of a dragon on one edge of the page with flame and darkness and lots of metallic gleam and journaled my thoughts about this battle with the various dragons that try so hard to stop us in our creative tracks.

Then I created some fun abstract backgrounds for my journal and love the overall look of them.  Lots of fun. The cool part is they were created with nothing but left over paint effects done on other pieces.  Scrapes, splats of left over paint. Stencil spray left overs from other projects all landed on this one page and made something that really appeals to me.

There's something so satisfying knowing nothing is going to waste :-)

If it ever stops raining here, I have a new experimental texture technique I can't wait to try out.  I need to do it outside to avoid fuming myself into a migraine!  Will let you know how it goes, it involves insulation foam :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...