Pages

November 8, 2010

Bookmark Scraps

Thought I'd share a fun little use for left over art pieces, canvas or water-colour paper.  My grand-daughter's and I had fun using up some of the edges and pieces left from abstracts that I had cut to smaller sizes.  With the watercolour paper we trimmed and then folded it in half and used gel to glue it together. So you have a double sided art bookmark.

The first one is left over from a canvas that I have cut and plan to use as covers for art journals.  It was an inexpensive canvas that I had gotten when I first started working with canvas.  Believe me, it will make  much better book cover art :-)

Then my sister Ree asked me for another bookmark or two for her many photography books that she is reading.  I had made her and Kel bookmarks out of scrap leather pieces some months ago.  Nothing elaborate here, but if you have grandkids or readers in your family they just might like a little piece of your art to use as bookmarks.


It is so much fun to see how my girls tackled their art.  Grace being 9 knows where she wants to go with her art work and leaves Lyvie and I in the dust!  That's Grace on the phone talking to me :-)

Lyvia at 7, feels it's very important that she choose just the right colours, beads, and decorations so we laboured together to create 3 bookmarks while Grace put together 4 of her own. That's Lyvia by the tree, her Dad took this with his iphone & app.  Very cool effect.

 Next time, they want to paint the canvas themselves and then cut them up for bookmarks.  Love seeing them fall in love with their own creations, if I can give to them that gift early on then I feel like I've done something extraordinary!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...