Pages

November 7, 2010

'Complete' Not Quite

Thought I would post a few macro shots of the 25x30" canvas I'm working on using the insolation foam for major texture and a focal point for the direction of my canvas.  Painting it has been an experience!  It's just stunning the variations and eclectic effects you can get using this stuff.  Though I played with a few colour palettes, in the end I've gone monochromatic with some finely painted on copper and brass metallic highlights.

I've only managed to capture some close ups as the full canvas is not photographing well so I'll need to wait until all three of my personal photographers are home next weekend.  That would be my two younger sisters, Ree & Kel and my daughter, Olivia :-)

So I'm calling a halt and hanging it for awhile so I can study it, see if or what more I'd like to do before I call it, Complete.  Waiting patiently on the sidelines is the 24x36 canvas with the foam waiting to be sculpted, prepped and painted.  I'm waiting to catch my breath or be inspired, whatever comes first!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...