Pages

January 19, 2013

In Search of A Name






This one has been in the works for weeks now, it's been hard going, maybe it's holiday recovery, or January brain freeze, but whatever the reason I struggled to get this piece to a happy place that is pretty much done!  But I have no idea what to call it.  The blue/green reminds me of opals, but the overall design has the feel of the cosmos to me.  Suggestions welcomed!

24x50" Acrylics & Ink on Gallery Canvas
Had a rough start to the new year as I've talked about in previous posts, but things may be smoothing out a little now.  And as always, I've got my nose into a number of books, one being "The Art Spirit" by Robert Henri.  Henri's words encourage me, perhaps they will you too,

"The work of the art student is no light matter. Few have the courage and stamina to see it through."

"Cherish your own emotions and never undervalue them."

"The brush stroke at the moment of contact carries inevitably the exact state of being of the artist at that exact moment..."

And I love this :-)

"For an artist to be interesting to us he must have been interesting to himself."

Makes me chuckle, so note to self, if I'm bored with me, then I expect my art will be boring too!
Hope all you interesting people out there are having a great weekend.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...