Pages

November 9, 2012

Small Works Gallery Opening

 What a great night!  It was the opening for the Small Works Group Art Exhibit & Sale, my first ever and I've got to say it was wonderful.  Victoria, Director and her trusty assistant Laurel did a fantastic job of arranging the many and varied works of all the talented artist.  It looked so beautiful, can't imagine the hours of work it took to pull it all off.

Personally I don't know of a better place to have my first gallery showing, or it going any better. Seven of my ten small works have sold, big smile. I saw a number of red stickers going up on the array of beautiful works of fellow artist as well.  To top it all off, my daughter in law, Lori stopped by with my Granddaughters, Grace & Lyvia and  a couple of their friends.  Nothing like sharing such a special event with those I love.


Here's the kicker, even though Jean and I discussed getting a few photos of this new 'first,' it didn't happen. We both got so caught up in things that Jean never took any photos!  I don't know, how much of this memory thing can we blame on our ages!

These are a few of some new small works I've done this week, they may be going to the gallery to replace some that have sold. The first two are on standby at the gallery, but I'd like to bring them home and change out the copper to gold, the copper just isn't making the cut for me.  I've put a resin finish on the others shown here and what a difference it makes.


With a heart full of gratitude, this line from Michell Cassou's book, Life, Paint & Passion  pretty much  sums up my feelings,

"To discover that you can paint without special talent is a great revelation. An endless stream runs through you, enough to paint for lifetimes."


One of my little mountain series with a resin finish, love how it looks, just look at the reflection of the edges of my journals :-)
These two work well together so I'm listing them as a set called Esteem (one of the Chinese symbols means respect)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...