Pages

May 11, 2012

Creative Doorways


Been working away on this 24 x 30" canvas this week.  I need to let it breathe a little to figure out what comes next.  It's very hard to get the colours to photograph well.  I enjoyed painting this, just love doing my 'pour & spritz' Seeing those colours combine and create wonderful new shades and tints is exciting.  (Golden Fluid Turquois, Quinacridone Crimson, Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold & Matisse Australian Sienna)  I love the feeling of movement. As I said, still in progress but coming along.

As always I've had a book on the go, in this case it's one about artists who struggle or struggled with chronic illnesses.  "When Walls Become Doorways" by Tobi Zausner, is my go to book when life with chronic pain wears me down.  I know that when I paint, when I create my spirit rises above the negative aspects and limitations of my life.  Maybe that's why so much of my art is flowing with movement, because movement comes at great cost for me.

 "The key to your personal transformation is the thorn in your side." Rudolph Ballentine

You may not be living with illness but there are many things that challenge us in life, and any of these moments of crisis can become transformational, 

"an experience that forces us to look deeply within ourselves and decide what we really want to do can be a turning point in life." When Walls Become Doorways

Here's to each of our "creative doorways!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...