Pages

April 20, 2012

'Ignited' Competed

'Ignited' 24 x24" Acrylics On Gallery Wrap Canvas
Oh boy, now I know why I tend to avoid straight lines and squares in my art, my depth perceptions terrible. (part of how my dyslexia shows itself)  It was a battle, but it looks pretty good in person so I'm happy.  Think it's time to invest in a small carpenters square and then figure out how I can use it and not have it running up or down hill as I tend to do with rules.

Reminds me of when I was getting my beginners licence to drive.  They had me in front of a computer and told me I was to tell them when my little car was lined up with certain points they would show me.  The instructor kept looking at me every time I'd say 'Now!' Finally he suggested I get my glass prescription checked out :-)   And that my friends was just the beginning of my driving attempts.  I'm a non-driver today, decided though it may be my privilege to drive, not everyone should! I hated driving, it stressed me to the max and after pulling into the drive way and proceeding to hit a tree, I figure the world is better off with me as a passenger!

This painting was inspired by Joe Martino's full on demonstration in the book, Mixed Media Workshop. Love Joe's work, it's so my style and his demos just inspire me.  From working on this piece lots of new ideas came to me so I'm looking forward to taking the techniques and making them completely my own.  Great learning experience.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...