Pages

April 11, 2012

Creative Flow

I've altered my colour palette slightly in the last few pieces I've done, wanting to create a warm aged look so I added Payne's Grey into the mix and have been enjoying the results.  This is a new piece I've been working on, still need to blend the Nickel ink colour on the crackle but so far so good.

Also delivered this one to my client, my sister Debbie.  I must say it was gratifying to see her so happy with the results. The symbolism in this one holds great significance and marks the miracle of their first Grand-childs birth. Tyler was born with a hole in his heart and other life threatening complications.  As a family we clung to our faith in a God who is true to his word. Ps. 118:17 "I shall not die, but live, and tell of the woks of the Lord." Our little man blesses this family with his laughter and presence in our lives.  We hung the painting and it looks wonderful, the light just made it come to life, I'll have to return and try and get some decent photos.

"When the creative processes grind to a halt, we have that unbearable feeling of being totally clogged...Instead of experiencing relaxed, energetic concentration, we jump avidly toward any distraction...we become easily tired; when we look back at our work nothing seems good enough; our eyelids glaze over; our brain cells chug to a standstill." Free Play by Stephen Nachmanovitch

We've all been there, just hope it's not this week!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...