Pages

February 14, 2012

Ancient Wisdom

'Ancient Wisdom' Acrylics & Inks on canvas 24 x 48"
I've been working on something that I kept seeing in my minds eye while completing a triptych for a client, called Ancient Strength.  Using a similar design layout, I could see it in more muted, fall like colours.  Although there are numerous things alike, from the branching tree like design, to the use of crackle and inks, the results are shockingly different.  I consider the new piece another break out piece and only hope that I will be able to get pictures that capture it's quiet elegance.

Is it shameful to call my own work elegant?  Perhaps I should explain myself. I only compare my work to 'my' work. Where had I been, where am I now and how does this piece compare to those that came before.  Should my gaze shift to others work and begin to draw comparisons I'm sunk, so I don't go there :-)  I am hoping that my talented daughter will be able to get some good quality pictures of Ancient Wisdom, but in the meantime this is what my limited camera and abilities can produce :-) I love the random clocks tumbling through space in the piece, (see below) I guess there's a story behind this piece when I consider the choices I made. Tree's have long been a love of mine, they speak to me of the ages, of time passing, ringing us with life's experiences, marking us with all that it brings, the seasons of abundance and the seasons of blight, just as a tree shows it's life's map within itself, so do we.


"The creative process is a bottomless reservoir of expressions.  As we try to do the same thing over and over again, we realize that exact replication is not the way of human expression." S. McNiff
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...