Pages

January 12, 2012

Interview & New Painting

24 x 24" acrylic & ink on canvas
Time to let this one sit a spell.  I've got some issues with this little piece, and when I do, I like to take some photos and let it hang out in my studio where it will catch my eye , stirring my subconscious to figure out the solution.  I find the photo taking very helpful in gaining perspective and noticing issues in certain light or angle that I don't always see while standing in front of it.

As I think about it, that seems to be the way most things get worked out in other areas of my life as well.  I have to let things rest a bit, mull it over, see it from different angles and then illumination will come.  Interesting, the things you discover about yourself, your own inner workings when considering your creative process.  I've said it before, many times actually, I love the process of creating. It works on me, while I'm working on it.  Speaking of process and understanding yourself and your art, Crystal Cook recently interviewed me for her blog and in the answering it makes me think more deeply. Chrystal is an amazing water colourist, creating portraits that are luminous with life.  You can check out my interview with Chrystal here, and see her amazing art as well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...