Pages

December 30, 2011

Post Christmas Pre New Years

Had a wonderful Christmas with the family, but my photos are a bust!  While I've got some great video footage, my family would hunt me down if I posted it for all the world to see!  It took me some time to restore order to my home and the loft, everything goes slower when you have fibromyalgia.  But it's put together enough for me to get back to painting.   I've got to make some modifications to a large table I use, lengthen the legs and add rollers.  I like to paint standing up because the nature of how I work requires a lot of moving around, tilting the canvas this way and that.  Speaking of which get a load of this amazing windmill easel, it tilts, lays flat, takes a 60" canvas...someday maybe, a girl can dream!

I've been able to start on a new commissioned piece for my daughter.  I had painted a triptych that was to serve as a headboard for her queen size bed.  Though she loves the piece, we decided the depth was not substantial enough so I'm doing a new one that is 24 x 48".  This will be a great warm up to another commissioned headboard I'll be doing, 30 x 60".

My work is still on display at Bistro 610, (formerly called Fusion) and I am delighted to say pieces continue to sell. What an amazing experience all of this has been.

NOTE: To those who are interested, I created a little video trailer of our Christmas morning and posted it on my facebook page, and yes I am currently in hiding, my family are hunting me down as we speak! But it was worth it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...