Pages

July 27, 2011

Making Progress

Been working away on the teal canvas and I'm making some progress after letting it stand for a few days I decided on a direction that I'm pleased with.  I had done some gel stenciling in the top corner of the canvas that I really liked, using one of Mary Beth Shaw's stencils, so I decided to let the gears flow down over the canvas.  Thought I'd show you them while the gel is still wet so you can see them clearly.  Then I took a couple of my own hand cut stencils for the top right corner and the lower left corner.  The lower left is Arabic for 'Rise Up' the words just seem to fit with the quote I used on the collage cross effect about 'failure is failing to get up again after a fall.'  Over all I think these are going to work well for this piece.

I also used a small 8 x 8" canvas to try my hand at some palette knife painting.  That was a lot of fun and suits my style of textures.  As you can see I used my every faithful gorilla glue to draw a free hand design which I plan to paint in a metallic copper or bronze. (Bless artist Suzy Andron for teaching me about this glue in her DVD)

Hope you are having a creative week. If you're needing a little inspiration check out what Lisa Sonora Beam had to say, here's a taste:

“The creative force flows over the terrain of our psyches looking for the natural hollows, the arroyos, the channels that exist in us. We become its tributaries, its basins; we are its pools, ponds, streams, and sanctuaries. The wild creative force flows into whatever beds we have, those we are born with as well as those we dig with our own hands. We don’t have to fill them, we only have to build them.”
- Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Women Who Run with the Wolves
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...