Pages

May 23, 2011

The Power of Splatter

So what do you do when you're in too much pain to sleep more than three hours?  Why you sling paint don't you know.  As some of you may know, I live with chronic pain so this is my norm and I've found my ways of living with it and still enjoy the life that I've been blessed to have.  In recent years, painting has played a huge role in making my life feel richer, deeper and wonderfully releasing in the wee hours of the morning :-)

When the pain is too heavy I know it would be a waste of time trying to work on a canvas so I let loose in my journal and when that's too small and confining I grab the big watercolour sheets and have at it!  This morning, I had a grand 'loosening up' session with craft paint and my big art table.  Golly who would think a loss of sleep could be this much fun?  I'll let this first frenzy of pain dry and see what more I want to do with it, maybe it will be my 'getting limber' exercise for a time.  When it's run its course I'll give it some coats of varnish so it doesn't peel off under the abuse I put it through working on large projects.

There's something very liberating about going BIG!  Life itself can make us feel hemmed in so why not find yourself a surface on the huge side and splat some paint...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...